Wearing different layers of necklaces is the way to go these days. There are so many options to combine necklaces. In this article I'll share some tips so you can create the perfect combination!
Yes you read it right! We start with a step-by-step plan for wearing multiple necklaces.
1. Always start with a longer necklace with a nice charm as a base.
2. Choose a slightly shorter chain with a charm in a slightly different shape, so you can make a nice variation.
3. Finish off the necklace party by adding a short chain. If you want to avoid that the combination is too busy, choose a necklace without a charm. It is often very nice to use a beaded necklace for this. These give just a little more colour and variety to your necklace party!
Additional tips for your necklace party
Last but not least, there are some tips that complete the perfect look for wearing multiple necklaces.
1. Attention in the right place
It is important to check where you want to put the focus with each outfit.
Are you wearing a top with a deep v-neck? Then it is nice to wear a refined necklace party. You can, for instance, wear three delicate necklaces on top of each other, as explained in the step-by-step plan.
If you have a top with a high neck and a busy print, a busy necklace party is a no go. It is better to go for one subtle necklace with a pendant.
It is also important to look at the length of the necklaces. You do not want your neck to appear shorter than it is. You can prevent this by wearing a short chain with a high neck.
2. Where are you going?
Just like when choosing your earpieces, it is important to consider the occasion with the necklace party. If you are having a party, you can go all out with jewellery and eye-catchers, while this may not be appropriate for a day at the office. Therefore, look at each occasion to see what fits.
3. Look at the undertone of your skin.
The undertone of your skin is important in determining which colour necklace suits you best.
To determine your undertone, just take a look at your wrists. If your veins are blue or purple, you have a cool undertone. If your veins are more green in colour, you have a warm undertone. Silver jewellery is best for cool undertones and gold jewellery is best for warm undertones.
By paying attention to this, you can make sure your jewellery stands out even more!